The Creative Chestnut Company designs, makes, installs and supplies bespoke items, for both the garden and the home, in English Sweet Chestnut. In conjunction with Sweet Chestnut, we also occasionally use British Western Red Cedar and British European Larch. Both of these timbers are also very durable and like Chestnut require no chemical preservative treatment. All of these timbers will, over time, weather to a beautiful silver grey.
All items are made to order but sometimes some of the smaller items are available at some of the Events which The Creative Chestnut Company attends throughout the year.
At these events, there is always a display of Sweet Chestnut products for the visitor to see and sometimes, depending upon the venue, there will be demonstrations of working with Sweet Chestnut.
This is by no means an exhaustive list but merely an indication of the sort of items that can be made:
- Picket gates for gardens and driveways
- Picket fences
- Traditional sheep hurdles (full size and miniature) and edging
- Rose arches and pergolas
- Trellises and supports (wall mounted and free standing)
- Garden seats, benches and tables
- Edging for paths, vegetable plots, flower /hedge borders as well as garden steps
- The Childhood Dreams Collection – something for the kids
- Outdoor garden rooms
- Sundry items for the garden and home – coat rails, herb /flower drying racks, vegetable plot/seed tray markers, bird tables, etc.